The main function of the Screed Operator is to ensure the safe, and proper operation of the Screed including, but not limited to, daily maintenance and control of automated screed.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
- Operators will control material taken from paver and depths of material distributed through the machine and measurement of yield on the jobs
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all Middlesex Safety Policies and Procedures
- Must be on site at scheduled start time and present for the Daily Huddle
- Must be able to identify potential Hazards and assist in maintaining a Safe Work environment for all Team Members
- Be present for Weekly Toolbox Talks
- Maintain good health status w/ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to include day/night shift work with extended hours when necessary
- Able to read and understand Specifications for each project
- Complete an Equipment Condition Report Daily
- Inform your supervisor immediately of any challenges regarding the project
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing maintenance
- Responsible for proper set up and control of automated screed controls
- Minimum of 2 years screed operation experience
- Safety and quality orientated
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communications skills
- Organized; ability to multi-task; detail-oriented
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
Please contact HR for information on the physical demands and the work environment of this position.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”