Jacksonville, FL 32220
Traffic Control Devices, LLC – 251
The Utilities Groundperson/Laborer will perform a variety of tasks in the traffic signal construction field. Ideal candidates will exhibit good working habits, show initiative, and possess the desire and willingness to be trained.
Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity. Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
This position assigns and oversees crews, is responsible for completing tasks within set deadlines, and a variety of other supervisory duties as necessary.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly
Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Education & Experience:
- Prior experience in the underground utilities/construction field preferred.
- Experience operating essential construction equipment and tools preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to learn how to accurately read plans and specifications.
- Comfortable working outside in various climates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Operate hand and power tools of all types.
- Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors.
- Load and unload construction equipment
- Dig trenches, backfill holes, or compact earth to prepare for construction.
- Set up traffic control devices such as cones, signs, and barricades.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Perform other related and non-related duties as assigned.
- Assist in on-site work duties.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver's License required.
- Travel is required from time to time to perform work through the region.
- RARE (less than 10%): climbing poles.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): stooping, squatting, body-twisting, manual dexterity, climbing on/off a truck, gripping, reading.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): standing, walking, sense of touch, speaking clearly, seeing distant, lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., seeing, reaching, range of motion, hearing-speech range, depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs.
About Us: Traffic Control Devices, LLC (TCD) was established in 1978. Over the last four decades, TCD has earned a reputation of quality in the electrical contracting and transportation engineering industry. We specialize in the design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects and their associated communications, control, and display hardware. TCD installs, integrates, tests, and maintains copper, fiber optic, wireless, and hybrid communications systems. Maintaining strong professional relationships throughout the Intelligent Transportation System industry allows TCD to continue to provide the highest quality services, maintenance, enhanced system performance, and value for our clients. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English