SEMA Construction, Inc., has immediate openings for experienced Heavy Highway Construction Bridge Carpenters to join our team!
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and forms conforming to federal, state, and local codes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Studies plans, sketches, and specifications for information pertaining to type of material required and dimensions of structure to be fabricated.
• Prepares layout.
• Shapes materials to prescribed measurements.
• Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together as needed.
• Erects framework for structures.
• Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
• Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
• Constructs patent form systems like EFCO, Symons or similar.
• A qualified candidate will have 2-3 years of heavy highway carpenter experience.
• A qualified candidate will be comfortable working outdoors exposed to weather conditions, frequently exposed to work near moving machinery, and in high precarious places.
• Ability to regularly lift, carry or move 50 lbs.
• A qualified candidate is willing and able to work 40 or more hours a week.
• Must be willing to travel within the State of Florida.
• High School Diploma or GED is preferred
• Must pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screen
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively co-workers, other crews, subcontractors, and supervisors.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24-28 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Referral program
• Vision insurance
• Overtime pay
• Weekly pay