Punta Gorda, FL 33950
The Warehouse Assembler will perform the fabrication, wiring, and assembly of traffic signs, lighting, and traffic signal components.
Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity.
Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly
- Company-sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Fabricate, wire, and assemble traffic signs, lighting, and traffic signal components according to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Inventory parts and tools used in the assembling process.
- Test finished products for defects.
- Maintain the tools used to create products.
- Make on-site deliveries by driving a work truck and hauling a trailer as needed.
- Keep a clean and well-maintained workspace.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to interpret product blueprints and handle various tools.
- Ability to work well with a team and independently.
- Must be comfortable hauling a flatbed trailer to make on-site deliveries.
- Must be proactive, show initiative, and be a self-starter.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience working in basic assembling hand tools.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- A valid Driver's License is required.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
Traffic Control Devices, LLC (TCD) was established in 1978. Over the last four decades, TCD has earned a reputation of quality in the electrical contracting and transportation engineering industry. We specialize in the design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects and their associated communications, control, and display hardware. TCD installs, integrates, tests, and maintains copper, fiber optic, wireless, and hybrid communications systems. Maintaining strong professional relationships throughout the Intelligent Transportation System industry allows TCD to continue to provide the highest quality services, maintenance, enhanced system performance, and value for our clients.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English