DeLand, FL 32720
Traffic Signal Foreperson
This position leads crews working in the field of traffic signals and signs. Applicants with experience in standing poles, installing cable, signal heads, light fixtures, and controller cabinets are preferred. Successful candidates will be able to take a set of plans and complete a project from start to finish with minimal supervision.
Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity.
Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
Traffic Signal Foreperson
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly Benefits:
- Company-Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and train staff in installation, preventative maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic overhead systems.
- Oversee installation of controller cabinets, set and pull span wire and electrical conductor cable, hang traffic signal, and make wire connections.
- Investigate traffic complaints related to public concerns and/or accidents.
- Program, maintain, and repair flashing school zone sign controls, and CCTV equipment.
- Coordinate utility projects involving signalized intersections, traffic signals, and electrical supply inventory with project manager and job superintendents.
- Effectively prioritize and schedule work tasks and assignments to be completed within deadlines.
- Determine costs and methods of needed materials and equipment.
- Assist in on-site work duties.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Education & Experience:
- Prior experience installing, repairing, and maintaining traffic signals and industrial electrical systems and equipment is preferred.
- IMSA Certification preferred
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- CDL preferred.
- Driver License required.
- RARE (less than 10%): climbing poles.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): stooping, squatting, body-twisting, manual dexterity, climbing on/off a truck, gripping, reading.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): standing, walking, sense of touch, speaking clearly, seeing distant, lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs., seeing, reaching, range of motion, hearing-speech range, depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs.
About Us: We promote within! We will provide you with the training you need to complete the basic functions of your job and help you complete the certifications needed to get you qualified and put you in the best position to achieve your career goals with our company. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English