The Equipment Technician (Mechanic) is responsible for efficiently repairing, servicing, and maintaining of both gas-and diesel-powered trucks, lifts, trailers and small engine in the shop and field as needed. The position requires a valid drivers license, clean driving record and ability to pass a DOT physical.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Helps train and supervise mechanic helpers.
• Keeps track of RoadSafe tools and equipment.
• Keeps assigned work area clean and organized.
• Works with vendors on cost improvement initiatives.
• Maintains inventory levels of parts and shop supplies.
• Works in compliance with established safety policies & procedures.
• Completes work-orders accurately and records the work performed.
• Stays current in all models of equipment used or operated by RoadSafe.
• Performs mechanical repairs, service, and preventive maintenance assigned by Branch Management.
• Ensures that all parts, sublet labor, oil, and any other miscellaneous costs are included on the work-order.
• Inspects and ensures that all equipment is properly repaired or serviced on an ongoing basis. Completes all equipment check sheets as required.
• Informs Branch Management of any parts that are damaged, in need of replacement, or are unsafe.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Branch Management.
• Company issued cell phone
• Company vehicle to drive for work with fuel card
• Lodging paid for by the company for overnight stays
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Welding and electronics experience required
• Ability to wear personal protective gear is required
• Ability to work extended or standby hours on an “on call” basis
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds several times per day, unaided
• Ability to push or pull 50 pounds several times per day, unaided
• Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
• Ability to bend or kneel and work with arms lifted for prolonged periods
• Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 4 hours
• Ability to work around machines with moving parts and petroleum or chemical-based products, in excessive heat and cold
• Ability to display basic knowledge of DOT requirements as it relates to company fleet
• Must have ability to travel and stay overnight for a short amount of time depending on the project needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must display basic computer skills.
• Must provide your own basic hand tools
• Experience operating construction equipment
• Must have experience in welding and metal fabrication
• Must possess a basic understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems
• Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record. CDL is a plus
• Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and DOT physical.
RoadSafe Traffic Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
RoadSafe Traffic Systems is a Fair Chance Employer and will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories. All positions require the completion of a pre-employment background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.