Lake City, Florida
We will train you! – This position will place you to work with a technician to obtain knowledge on the installation and troubleshooting of transportation systems.
Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity.
Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurances
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- You will train to work with:
- Copper cabling
- Fiber optic cable backbones
- CCTV digital message signs
- Vehicle detection systems
- Other systems associated with traffic control devices.
- Occasionally assisting with other Traffic and Signalization related construction tasks and on-site work duties
- Must be 18 years-of-age or older.
- Comfortable using Computer and internet/web base systems.
- Self-driven and willing to learn.
- Comfortable working outside in various climates and weather conditions.
Education & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of electronics and networking preferred but not required.
- Experience reading plans and specifications preferred.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- A Driver's license is required.
- Candidates currently without a Driver's License must be able to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- RARE (less than 10%): climbing poles.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): stooping, squatting, body-twisting, climbing on/off truck, gripping, reading.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): manual dexterity, standing, walking, sense of touch, speaking clearly, seeing distant, lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., seeing, reaching, range of motion, hearing-speech range, depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs.
Traffic Control Devices, LLC (TCD) was established in 1978. Over the last four decades, TCD has earned a reputation of quality in the electrical contracting and transportation engineering industry. We specialize in the design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects and their associated communications, control, and display hardware. TCD installs, integrates, tests, and maintains copper, fiber optic, wireless, and hybrid communications systems. Maintaining strong professional relationships throughout the Intelligent Transportation System industry allows TCD to continue to provide the highest quality services, maintenance, enhanced system performance, and value for our clients.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English