Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Licensed CDL-A drivers will deliver and transport materials to and from various job sites. Ideal candidates will have prior experience driving flatbeds and lowboy trailers. Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity. Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
Licensed CDL-A Driver
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly
- Company-Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Driving a variety of vehicles, including bucket trucks, crane trucks, and work vehicles, towing a trailer and flatbeds to job sites.
- Deliver and transport material to and from various job sites.
- Assist in on-site work duties as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Education & Experience
- 12 months minimum experience driving with CDL-A license.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Valid commercial driver's license (CDL) class "A" required.
- Potential travel required for temporary backup needs at other office locations.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
We promote within! We will provide you with the training you need to complete the basic functions of your job and help you complete the certifications needed to get you qualified and put you in the best position to achieve your career goals with our company.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English