Punta Gorda, FL 33982
This position is responsible for operating multiple types of commercial motor vehicles and miscellaneous equipment. Drivers may haul equipment between work sites and transport work materials. Drivers will also be required to participate in laborer duties.
Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity.
Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
This position will require driving a variety of CDL vehicles, including bucket trucks, crane trucks, and work vehicles, towing a trailer to job sites, and working with technicians in the installation and troubleshooting of transportation systems. The transportation systems will include copper cabling, fiber optic cable backbones, cameras, CCTV, digital message signs, vehicle detection systems, L2 and L3 switches, LAN/WAN, specialty software packages, IP configurations, etc. Assist in on-site work duties.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Can accurately read plans and specifications.
- Comfortable working outside in various climates.
Education & Experience
- Previous experience in underground utilities/construction is preferred, but not required.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Class A or B CDL required.
- Medical Card required.
- RARE (less than 10%): Climbing poles
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): climbing ladders, sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): body-twisting, manual dexterity, stooping, squatting, climbing on/off the truck, gripping, reading
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): standing, sense of touch, seeing distant, climbing, lifting 10-50 lbs., seeing, reaching, range of motion, depth perception, walking, speaking clearly, hearing-speech range, color-vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, lifting up to 10 lbs, lifting up to 50 lbs
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
Traffic Control Devices, LLC (TCD) was established in 1978. Over the last four decades, TCD has earned a reputation of quality in the electrical contracting and transportation engineering industry. We specialize in the design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects and their associated communications, control, and display hardware. TCD installs, integrates, tests, and maintains copper, fiber optic, wireless, and hybrid communications systems. Maintaining strong professional relationships throughout the Intelligent Transportation System industry allows TCD to continue to provide the highest quality services, maintenance, enhanced system performance, and value for our clients.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English