Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
The Junior Estimator will perform takeoffs, obtain material and subcontractor quotes, and complete estimates under the supervision of other experienced estimators.
Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity.
Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
Junior Estimator, Construction Office
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt Pay: Competitive, Hourly Benefits:
- Company-Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform takeoffs of construction plans.
- Obtain material and subcontractor quotes for various vendors.
- Maintain records for estimates on a share point platform.
- Finalize and complete.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have strong computer skills, including MS Office, Adobe, and Outlook.
- Highly organized and able to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be resourceful and solve issues.
- Must be willing to learn, grow, and take direction.
Education & Experience
- 1+ years of most recent experience in a similar role preferred.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Valid driver's license preferred but not required.
- RARE (less than 10%): walking, kneeling, squatting, crawling, seeing distance, climbing on/off a truck, climbing, lifting over 10-50 lbs., depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): standing, stooping, body twisting, gripping, reaching, range of motion, climbing stairs.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): sitting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, speaking clearly, reading, hearing-speech range.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): seeing.
About Us: Traffic Control Devices, LLC (TCD) was established in 1978. Over the last four decades, TCD has earned a reputation of quality in the electrical contracting and transportation engineering industry. We specialize in the design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects and their associated communications, control, and display hardware. TCD installs, integrates, tests, and maintains copper, fiber optic, wireless, and hybrid communications systems. Maintaining strong professional relationships throughout the Intelligent Transportation System industry allows TCD to continue to provide the highest quality services, maintenance, enhanced system performance, and value for our clients. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English