Groveland, FL 34736
Perform a variety of tasks associated with the general facility grounds, warehouse, and underground utilities-related duties in the traffic signal construction field. The ideal candidate will exhibit good working habits, show initiative, and possess the desire and willingness to be trained.
Traffic Control Devices (TCD) is actively hiring dedicated employees who are hard-working and seeking a career opportunity.
Since 1978, TCD provides training and advancement opportunities with a reputation of quality in a stable transportation industry by performing electrical contracting throughout the country. If you would like to be considered for any of our current openings, please apply today.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt Pay: Competitive, Hourly
- Company-sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean and safe outdoor facility grounds including, but not limited to mowing, weed eating, removal of trash and debris, and keeping yard materials organized.
- Maintain and clean the indoor facility and warehouse including, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, wiping down common areas, and trash removal.
- Assist in loading and unloading construction materials by hand or forklift.
- Operate hand and power tools of all types.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe job site
- Perform other related and non-related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Comfortable working outside in various climates.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Forklift Certified preferred.
- Prior experience in the underground utilities/construction field is preferred.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- A valid driver's license is required.
- A valid commercial driver's license (CDL) is preferred.
- Rarely (less than 10%): Sitting, Crawling, and Climbing On/Off a Truck
- Occasionally (up to 33%): Stooping, Kneeling, Squatting, Body Twisting, Climbing Ladders, and Climbing Stairs.
- Frequently (up to 66 %): Walking, Manual Dexterity, Lifting Over 10 lbs. up to 50 lbs., Reaching, Depth Perception, Pulling, Speaking Clearly, Seeing Distant, Gripping, Seeing, Hearing-Speech Range, Color Vision, Lifting, Sense of Touch, Range of Motion, Pushing, Carrying, Balancing, Lifting Up to 10 lbs., and Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
- Continuously (up to 100%): Seeing, Standing, Reading Speaking Clearly, Seeing Distant, Gripping, Seeing, Hearing-Speech Range, Color Vision, Lifting, Carrying, Balancing, and Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
We promote within! We will provide you with the training you need to complete the basic functions of your job and help you complete the certifications needed to get you qualified and put you in the best position to achieve your career goals with our company Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.