We are looking for a deadline-driven Civil Construction Superintendent to oversee our construction project and to act as the link between various project parties. The Construction Superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team and oversee all work on site. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for orderliness on site and ensure compliance with safety regulations. You will ensure quality standards are met, and all equipment and materials are always available on site. You will liaise with inspection authorities regarding approvals. To ensure success you should complete projects on time and within budget, and never compromise on quality. Top candidates will be strong leaders, pro-active and perform well under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Leading and managing the on-site construction team.
• Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
• Attending production meetings.
• Reviewing and becoming familiar with the schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to these.
• Ensuring quality standards are met.
• Placing orders for materials and being responsible for equipment and materials on site.
• Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
• Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness, and orderliness.
• Ensuring records for site personnel such as daily time clock in and out, vacations requests, call outs, etc.
• Liaising with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
• Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs.
• Collaborate with the Project Manager to set performance goals and deadlines.
• Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback.
• Monitor and report on project progress.
• Implement safety and quality guidelines.
• Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance.
• Keep track of material stock and orders.
• Willingness to step in to assist the labor team if needed.
• Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
• Resolve on-site issues and emergencies.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Construction Superintendent.
- Ability to oversee more than one project.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Road Construction.
- Outstanding organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.