• Checking with the supervisor for morning schedule daily.
• Operate various types and sizes of heavy equipment such as dozers, tractors, scrapers, loaders,
motor graders to excavate, move dirt, and grade jobsite.
• Operate self-propelled steel-wheeled, rubber tired, vibrator, segmented, or other type roller to
• Operate equipment in an efficient manner and follow instruction of on-site management.
• Follow all equipment monitoring and maintenance requirements.
• Follow all company safety policies including taking specific action to avoid other workers,
equipment, and potential obstructions.
• Communicate regularly with the foreman.
• Must be capable and willing to maintain/grease equipment
• Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• May assist other craft workers.
• Evaluate quickest and most effective ways to complete a job without sacrificing quality and
safety of the work being done.
• CDL license preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as construction operator
• High school diploma or GED.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge,
skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
• General knowledge of methods, equipment, materials, and supplies used in construction and
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving
your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of
• Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
• Must have good hand-eye coordination, quick reaction times.
• Able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots.
• Able to walk moderate distances to reach work area up to 1/2 mile
• Able to Enter the cab of a vehicle that is 3.5 feet (or more) off the ground
• Able to safely operate the equipment (if authorized for that piece of equipment)
• Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA,
FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state, and local standards
• Active personality with a high level of initiative.